Sunday, April 24, 2011

"I left my boat..."

i saw him there
a simple man
walking
head down
searching the sand for
what I did not know

but the intensity of his
hunger make me ache for
what he wanted...
shell, or stone, or bits of glass

I left my boat without a
backward glance.
i could always throw nets,
but they would never catch anything
that satisfied an appetite,
or slaked man's thirst...like this

his focus was transfixed but
not on something
below the sand or above the clouds...
his eyes were paradoxical
like sunlight breaking through storm clouds...
both a vacant stare,  and
filled with vision...

looking within...neither lo here,
or lo there...
to a place where men swim
like fishes and sleep under the wings
of a great dove...

i knew then that this was where I
must follow him to...
and that is when I left my boat
upon the shores of time

No comments:

Post a Comment