Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"lovingly baked..."

she waits while I take "just one more call"
she is patient and gracious in the face
of my "just another minute..." whispered,
holding my hand over the phone's
mouthpiece and then turn my back to
her and nod convincingly to an audience
that cannot see me.

she returns to her small kitchen, aproned in
aqua and pink...its bow tied perfectly
behind her... over a housedress that barely hangs
on her narrow shoulders, and grazes her slender
hips.

she will reheat the water in the tea kettle and
place the small jar of homemade jam back
in the regrigerator.

The scones will wait for me to remember that
her life is important too.  That she is someone
with thoughts and memories of value. 

The scones, lovingly baked, and beautifully
plated, will wait for me to remember that
she was once the most wise, important, beautiful
woman in the world to me.

And to remember, that I am still the most wonderful
girl in the world....to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment